Yeah yeah, how much?
An excellent question, and one that is very hard to answer. The main factors that affect the cost of a service are:
- the cost of service kits - depending on the manufacturer and the piece of equipment, regulator service kits can range in price from $15 to $60 per stage
- the age of the equipment - well maintained regulators can last for decades. Parts sometimes become scarce, or even impossible to track down
- the condition of the gear - gear that is regularly (and well) rinsed, stored correctly and treated well is very easy to service. If equipment is not taken care of, servicing times can double, or in the worst case, parts can break and need to be replaced
Having said that, here's a very rough estimate of service charges for a common regulator:
- parts - $30 per stage (1st stage, 2nd stage primary, 2nd stage alternate air source) - TOTAL $90
- labour - $65 per hour (the best rate in town) - an average time of about 75 minutes per complete regulator - TOTAL $81.25
- total cost - roughly $160 to $185 for an average regulator in reasonable condition
For a more tailored quote, or to book your gear in for a service, please use a method on the contact page, or call us on 0432 950 290.